keskiviikko 7. marraskuuta 2012

Dedza

Ok, I have to repost this my dedza-blog because I don't know how but somehow it had desappear! Luckily I did have saved it to my laptop because I didn't write it all at the same time :)


Ok, now I have wrote 1,5months in finnish so maybe I'll now write in english even though my english isn't as good as it could be... So to my international friends I was couple weeks ago at Blantyre and we, I and my finnish friend Elina, visited Gift's house. We met Gift's sisters, mum and grandma. Mr. Sozela was preaching in Mzuzu (that's at north) so we didn't met him. But hopefully we will meet him someday or at least I will! Travelling with bus to Blantyre was quite excited! We went into a bus about 7 o'clock at the morning, and we waited and waited and waited...untill the bus was full of people and a bit more. Then we left and we stopped like 7 times in every small villages where was some men selling what ever they had – fruits, drinks, potatoes, mangoes,... Even that we stopped a lot journey was only about 5,5hours! I didn't scared being there maybe because I did said to Lord that He should send angels to make sure that no car will crush on us! Well we didn't and I am totally fine, still. One girl from norway went to Zomba that same day and she said that it was really scary and she prefer to take a couch! When we came back to Lilongwe we did took a couch. But it was far too expensive in my style. Well, of course we have to pay ”white peoples price” so we paid almost 3 times more when we came back to Lilongwe than when we went to Blantyre! But everything else was ok, and there was so many different places where to visit and what I want to see so I think that I will go there when I have one week time for writing exercise :P

Elina got a txt from a friend who is having exchange period in Belgia. Some midwife had told to her (Elina's friend) some really ”wild stories” about her exchange period in Africa. So she asked to Elina if Elina have see something wild and crazy nursing things here. Wild and crazy?! What? Maybe it's just that we haven't got any lucky to see anything REALLY wild and crazy nursing things here or maybe some european girls are just so sensitive..? The wildest and craziest what I did saw was a boy who had been in burning house, so he was really burned. His black skin was red and pink and some part was also burned black. But I didn't think that it was gross, I think he was cute even that he was burned. Or maybe wildest and craziest thing is that there is 2 to 4 children in one bed, but they looks very fine there. They all have gardians and most of them doesn't look so ill. Not if they get right treatments.. so I wonder what is this wild and crazy things this Belgian midwife had her experience in Africa?? Maybe in labourward? :)

This weekend we went to Dedza, and how nice small town it was! But how much we had to wait in Lilongwe that the bus would leave! We waited first 2,5 hours that the bus would get full and leave and when it finally left it stopped first time after 100m (?) that some ppl could buy some snacks etc what those men were selling... Well, at least the trip took only about 1h to Dedza! When we arrived to Dedza there was many ppl who did stared at us. Sometimes when I get so much attention I feel that I am wearing something stupid but I quess that the reason why they stared was just because we are white? Maybe there is not so much of white ppl visiting in Dedza :) When we arrived there we decided to go to Dedza Pottery where you can buy handcrafted ceramic things (cups, figurines and other statues). Near Dedza Pottery there were some art shops which we also visited and bought some really nice handmade postcards. Elina took a minibustaxi to Dedza Pottery but I didn't want to spent so much money for travelling there so I took a bicycletaxi! And let me say it was so FUN! I laught for the whole trip to Dedza Pottery which was maybe 4km. The bike was like some ”tandembike” but just that I didn't have foot pedals so that poor black guy had to do really hard work to transport me to there :D Oh I hope that I would take a photo of that so you guys could see how much of fun I had! :D Luckily there was only one rise (where I did walk for a while) so the driver didn't need to do so much work.

We came back with minibus and it was also really fun! Haha :D As I have already told you they always pack full of ppl in every vehicles. So I (and my bags) was sitting in one really tiny space in minibus, and we left when minibus was so full that there was no empty spaces. With minibus it took about 2 hours to travel to Lilongwe, so we saved about 2 hours! And there was about as much space to your legs than in a real bus, so it was ok to me.

We saw two girls from Mozambic when we came back and they said that here is so much more garbage! So maybe there is some places in Africa, where they don't throw all garbage outside..? The way how we recycle here in our hostel is that we just put all our garbage in a bin and then a cleaning lady or man burn them. Pretty different than in Finland! :)

Btw, Mangos are so so so DELICIOUS here! I just have to eat them everyday untill I go back to home.. they taste so much better here! But I wonder, why mangoes are readier in Blantyre and even in Dedza than in Lilongwe? I always have to keep them about a few days untill I can eat them because they are not exactly ready when I buy them in Lilongwe. I wonder why, when it is even a bit hotter here than in Dedza or in Blantyre..!

We just realised that we have anymore 6 weekends left!!!! Oh man, how fast time is flying! Hope that I could stop it so I could spent more time here ;) hahaha... well, I'll be back... someday in a future! :)

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti